Articles and Presentations:
Legal Coaching & Training
Joan Newman is a published author and frequent legal industry speaker. Her articles have appeared in legal publications such as The American Lawyer and Legal Management, and she is a contributing author to The Lawyer’s Career Management Handbook: Your Bridge to a Satisfying Career. As a certified legal coach and trainer, she offers insights and best practices in the areas of legal business development, legal project management, legal professional and career development, as well as leadership development.
NAELA Featured Speaker
National Convention - May 18, 2015
NAELA Featured Speaker: "Making Sense of the Generation Mix"
The session focused on the four different generations: who they are and how they got to be this way; what each generation wants and needs to succeed in the workplace; and tips for working effectively with each generation, taking into account their background and perspectives.
- Today’s Emphasis on Business Development
- Tips for Selling in Your Comfort Zone
- Building Client Relationships
- Time Management/Organizational Skills
- Managing Multiple Assignments and Projects
- Supervision and Delegation Skills
- Writing Skills
- Law Firms are Investing in the Finer Points of Etiquette for New Associates
- Attending Business/Social Events – Lawyers and Other Professionals
- Professional Appearance
- Dining Etiquette
- Associate Training and Development
- Make a Good Impression
- Improving Associate Retention
- Benefits of Business Development Coaching